Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First CMYK Match Experiment

I finally got around to mixing what I'm starting out with as primaries for this purpose, so I can start testing formula matching. Several other people are attempting to do this as well, but so far I haven't found anything that improves on what I worked out. Several variables have to be ironed out still, but I'm more than happy with my first test.

I picked a deep wine plum because I thought it would reveal some likely glitches. I absolutely got the same tone/hue as my target color, but I need to tweak DOS. My target was the 2nd swatch from the bottom, and my fiber is actually a perfect match for the next shade down in this family, but that is minor.

I photographed it in different lighting and from different angles since seeing any color/hue on a monitor is iffy, at best. I'm sure I'll run across color families that won't be so cooperative, however I'm very happy with this first test.



No comments: